A new study shows that audiences are increasingly seeking audio content online, with the number of monthly online radio listeners up 27% from last year.
Perhaps even more interesting, the study found that adding internet radio to a broadcast campaign elicits an ad response that’s 3.5 times greater than the response produced by a broadcast campaign on its own.
Here are some of the findings:
– 39% of the US population listens to Internet Radio regularly
– Internet Radio listeners are affluent and influential
– 80% of Internet Radio listeners spend between 1 & 3 hours per day listening
– 45% of Internet Radio listeners listen on a phone and 14% listen on a tablet
– 73% change stations throughout the day. Internet Radio listeners are not exclusive to any one service
– 56% listen to Internet Radio while shopping
Check out the entire study at Targetspot.com.
Click to download white papers:
1. Internet Radio Advertising Impact Study (pdf)
2. Digital Audio Usage Trends: A Highly Engaged Listenership (pdf)