We couldn’t be more excited here at the Altitude group that CBS Radio has announced new music initiatives across its stations and platforms to revolutionize the way that artists are presented and promoted.
These exclusive national content initiatives will grow the popularity of proven artists, as well as those on the rise across its Pop, Country, Rock, Adult Contemporary and Urban stations.
Billboard.com has already reported on this new effort and you’ll be reading more in the coming days.
In the meantime, here’s some more info on the program:
● IMPACT: When one of today’s biggest names in music is ready to unveil their latest project, CBS RADIO listeners will be sure to know about it through its IMPACT program. Extensive on-air promotion on format specific stations across the country will begin in the days leading up to the song or album debut, and a dedicated section on station websites will highlight the artist and provide an array of editorial features.
● LAUNCH: Chosen exclusively by CBS RADIO’s reputable programming team, LAUNCH artists are those rising stars of the music industry you absolutely need to be listening to. On-air programming will highlight clips from their latest release, and an extensive online companion will be available complete with artist specific pages, multi-media content and links to purchase music.
● ARTIST HOOK-UPS: Not your ordinary radio station event – these are once in a lifetime, money can’t buy experiences. Listeners can expect front row access, intimate settings, and unusual destinations as they join their favorite artists on a thrilling musical journey.
● SONG INTROS: Continuing ona path CBS RADIO set down several years ago intended to familiarize the audience with song titles and artists, stations will incorporate into their programming personalized intros voiced by the musicians themselves, offering candid insight into the stories and meaning behind their hit song or album.
● RADIO.COM: The online and mobile destination for the best in music, sports, talk and news programming, RADIO.com will take an active role in engaging fans with original audio and video content including streaming, exclusive editorial features, live and on-demand concerts and events, and rich storytelling. Select CBS Television Stations will also have the ability to showcase a sampling of this programming during their local newscasts, an opportunity exclusive to CBS RADIO.